| Home »
Categories » Collection Development » Weeding Tips
Article Number: 1042 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 11:02 AM
5/3/MUSTIE Be ruthless in weeding old cookbooks. Physical condition is the main criteria as cookbooks that are well used become grungy quickly. Also weed books by celebrity chefs and television cooks once their popularity has waned. Weed cookbooks that are based on popular diets (e.g., The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook) once the diet is no longer popular.
Replace classic cookbooks, such as The Betty Crocker Cookbook, with new editions when available. Books on nutrition and food preparation should reflect current scientific practice. Any titles that mention the four basic food groups should be replaced with titles that discuss the food pyramid.
CREW: A Weeding Manual for Modern Libraries. www.tsl.state.tx.us/ld/pubs/crew/index.html
Texas State Library and Archives Commission Page 73 of 107
Suggestions for Weeding
- The First Ladies cook book: Favorite Recipes of All the Presidents of the United States by Margaret Brown Klapthor, 1975 (0819308242)
- Cooking with Regis & Kathie Lee: Quick and Easy Recipes from America’s Favorite TV Personalities by Regis Philbin, 1993 (1562829300)
- The Cookbook of the United Nations by Barbara Kraus, 1970 (0671205587)
- Betty Crocker’s New Cookbook by Betty Crocker, 1996 (0028603958)
- Dining with the Duchess: Making Everyday Meals a Special Occasion by Sarah, the Duchess of York and Weight Watchers, 1998 (0684850087)
- The Frugal Gourmet Whole Family Cookbook: recipes and reflections for contemporary living by Jeff Smith, 1992 (0688069347)
Suggestions for Purchase
- Betty Crocker Cookbook, 12th Edition: Everything You Need to Know to Cook from Scratch by Betty Crocker, 2016 (0544648927)
- Deep Run Roots: Stories and Recipes from My Corner of the South by Vivian Howard, 2016 (0316381101)
- Danielle Walker's Against All Grain Celebrations: A Year of Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Paleo Recipes for Every Occasion by Danielle Walker, 2016 (1607749424)
- Koreatown: A Cookbook by Deuki Hong, 2016 (9780804186131)
- Thug Kitchen: Eat Like You Give a F*ck by Thug Kitchen, 2014 (9781623363581)
- The Skinnytaste Cookbook by Gina Homolka, 2014 (9780385345620)
- Jerusalem: A Cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi, 2012 (9781607743941)
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Viewed 837 times since Mon, Mar 9, 2015
03-17: Non-Fiction DVDs
Viewed 70 times since Wed, Mar 22, 2017
Viewed 833 times since Mon, Mar 9, 2015
02-17: Alternative History
Viewed 146 times since Mon, Feb 27, 2017