Home » Categories » Committees & Task Forces » Collection Development & Reference » 2017

Collection Development and Reference Committee Minutes March 2017

Minutes
Collection Development and Reference Committee
Closter Library
Tuesday, March 21, 2017 @ 10 am

Committee Members in Attendance:
Julia Nock (Co-Chair - Closter), Julie Whitehead (Dumont), Dawn Petretti-Silvera (Glen Ridge), Danielle Cesena (Glen Rock), Cathy Folk-Pushee (Hackensack), Molly McKenney (Upper Saddle River), Margaret O’Keefe (BCCLS), Yumi Choi (BCCLS)

Absent:
Latricia Markle (Co-Chair - Tenafly), William Fischer (Bergenfield), Amy Aynedjian (Englewood), Ina Rimpau (Maplewood), Matthew Mitchel (Paramus)

Volunteer Recorder: Molly McKenney

Approved minutes from Dec. 2016 and Feb. 2017

Old Business

  • Database Submission Flowchart
    • The main changes from the old flowchart are:
      • SkyRiver as much as possible
      • Search by both 10 and 13 digit ISBN
      • All submissions now go directly to BCCLS
      • Some edits discussed by the committee
      • Add to also search by UPC
      • Clarify what’s needed for different formats (i.e. books vs. media)
      • Add what email address scans should be sent to
      • Add to wait 2 weeks or until response received from SkyRiver on unavailable record reporting before submitting photocopy/scan to BCCLS
      • Before submitting to BCCLS, check both Polaris and SkyRiver

Margaret and Yumi will make the above edits, and then submit it to the committee for approval over email

  • Weeding Tips
    • Topics can be repeated after 2 years
    • Molly will do April
  • cHQ Tips
    • Julia will do April
    • Margaret wants someone to re-record the video on basic reports manipulation (to be used as a cHQ tip?)
  • Librarian Approved Sites A-Z
    • New official title: “A to Z: Librarian Approved Sites”
    • The committee would like the updated date to be placed in each page at the bottom of the list of resources (not at the very bottom of the page).  This will clarify what date the resources were updated, not just when some element on the page was updated (i.e. the website template)
    • The procedure on how to edit the documents was discussed
    • Each resource page now has its own Google Doc in the CDR Committee folder
    • There are also very specific instructions on how the editing should take place
    • The aim is to have all of the edits to the documents to be completed by September

New Business

    • Work on cHQ mentoring program
      • Pushed discussion to next meeting when more are present
    • Work on Best Practices program
      • Pushed discussion to next meeting when more are present
    • Webinar on “Database Secrets”
      • Pushed discussion to next meeting when more are present
    • P&P suggested date for joint meeting, Wednesday, May 3
      • This will be at 10 am at the BCCLS office

Next meeting: Tuesday, April 11, 10 am at Upper Saddle River

0 (0)
Article Rating (No Votes)
Rate this article
  • Icon PDFExport to PDF
  • Icon MS-WordExport to MS Word
Attachments Attachments
There are no attachments for this article.
Comments Comments
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.