| Home »
Categories » Training » Polaris » Polaris Training Manual » E: Circulation
E 1: Checking Out Items
Article Number: 216 | Rating: 5/5 from 1 votes | Last Updated: Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:57 AM
Use the Check Out workform to check out items to patrons.
- To access the Check Out workform, click on the Check Out icon found within the Circulation orb of the Polaris Shortcut Bar, or select Circulation, Check Out, or click F3.
- The Check Out workform will appear.
- Scan or manually enter the patron's barcode in the Patron barcode field.
If you need to search for a patron's barcode, click the Find button at the end of the Name field. This will yield the Patron Records Find Tool.
If using the Patron Record Find Tool to retrieve patron records, the patron's barcode will automatically populate the Patron barcode field in the Check Out workform when selected.
- When the patron's barcode is entered, his or her account summary and registration information will appear.
- If you need to set a special due date for the item(s) being checked out, click the Special… button in the Loan Period section.
- The Special Loan dialog box appears.
- Select a date.
- You can specify an exact date by selecting it from the calendar.
- Or, you can specify an exact loan period by using the Loan period fields to the right of the calendar. Enter the number of Days, Hours, or Minutes in the first field and select the appropriate loan interval in the second.
- Next, specify how the special loan period will be applied.
- To apply the loan period to the patron's next item only, select the Apply to next item only radio button.
- To apply the loan period to all the items being checked out to this patron, select the Apply to all items for this patron radio button.
- To apply the loan period to all items being checked out during the current session, select the Apply to all checkouts radio button. If you select this option, the setting remains in effect until you click Reset button on the Check Out workform or close the workform.
- Click 'OK'.
- Scan or manually enter the item barcodes in the Item barcode field.
If you need to search for an item's barcode, click the Find button at the end of the Item barcode field.
If using the Item Record Find Tool to retrieve item record, the item's barcode will automatically populate the Item barcode field in the Check Out workform when selected.
- When the item appears in the text field, the item has been successfully checked out. Confirmation is found at the bottom of the workform. Additionally, within the patron's account summary information, the Items out line will display the new total number of items out.
- After checking out all items, press 'Enter' on your keyboard to finish the transaction, which clears the workform and triggers a receipt.
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
E 3: Managing Blocks at Circulation
Viewed 1214 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 5: Resetting Due Date
Viewed 3056 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 7: Bulk Check In
Viewed 362 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E10: Managing Claims
Viewed 375 times since Tue, Oct 7, 2014
E 2: Express Registration
Viewed 1598 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 6: Checking In Items
Viewed 341 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 4: Renewing Items
Viewed 1087 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E11: Managing Lost Items
Viewed 608 times since Fri, Nov 7, 2014