| Home »
Categories » Training » Polaris » Polaris Training Manual » E: Circulation
E 4: Renewing Items
Article Number: 219 | Rating: 5/5 from 1 votes | Last Updated: Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Renewing items is done within the Items Out view of the Patron Status workform.
- You can access the Items Out view of the Patron Status workform using the Item Find Tool or from within the Check Out workform.
- From the Item Find Tool
- If the patron presents an item for renewal without the accompanying library card, you can access the Patron Status view by scanning the item in the Item Find Tool, right-clicking the item, and selecting Links > Current Borrower.
- From the Patron Status workform, click the Items Out view icon or select View, Items Out.
- From the Check Out Workform
- In the Check Out workform, you can access the Items Out view of the Patron Status workform by clicking on the Patron Status Items Out View icon, or by typing ALT+O.
- This will yield the Items Out view of the Patron Status workform.
For each check-out, the Item Barcode, Title, Author, Due Date, Call Number, Material Type, Renewals, and Assigned Branch is displayed. The default order is by Due Date. However, check-outs can easily be reordered by clicking on the heading for the corresponding column.
- If renewing a single item, select the item and click on the Renew icon or press CTRL+R. If renewing multiple items hold the CTRL key while selecting the items and click on the Renew icon or press CTRL+R.
- The renewed item will move to the bottom of the Items Out list, thereby maintaining the default Due Date order.
- If you wish to renew ALL the items, you can click the Renew All icon or press CTRL+A. It is not necessary to select the items if you are renewing all.
- A receipt will be automatically generated when renewing items.
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
E11: Managing Lost Items
Viewed 608 times since Fri, Nov 7, 2014
E 1: Checking Out Items
Viewed 1301 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 3: Managing Blocks at Circulation
Viewed 1214 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 5: Resetting Due Date
Viewed 3056 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E10: Managing Claims
Viewed 375 times since Tue, Oct 7, 2014
E 7: Bulk Check In
Viewed 362 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 6: Checking In Items
Viewed 341 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 2: Express Registration
Viewed 1598 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014