| Home »
Categories » Training » Polaris » Polaris Training Manual » E: Circulation
E 6: Checking In Items
Article Number: 221 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 11:22 AM
Use the Check In workform to check in items being returned.
- To access the Check In workform, click on the Check In icon found within the Circulation orb of the Polaris Shortcut Bar, or select Circulation, Check In, or click F2.
- The Check In workform will appear.
The Check In workform is also used to process requested items and for making newly linked items Available.
- Scan or manually enter the item barcodes in the Item barcode field.
If you need to search for an item's barcode, click the Find button at the end of the Item Barcode field. This will yield the Item Records Find Tool.
If using the Item Record Find Tool to retrieve an item, the item's barcode will automatically populate the Item barcode field in the Check In workform when selected.
- If you need to prevent overdue fines at check-in, as in the case of a non-scheduled, emergency closing, select the number of days from the Free days value.
- When the item appears in the Normal Mode field, the item has been successfully checked in. Confirmation is found at the bottom of the workform.
If an item belongs to another library, a pop-up will appear informing you that the item does not belong to your library and asks if you wish to put it In Transit to the owning library. Click Yes to set the item In Transit and continue with the check in process.
If you wish to print a receipt, select the item(s). If selecting multiple items, hold the CTRL key while selecting the items and select File, Print, Check-in Receipt.
Alternatively, you can select the items and click the drop-down arrow next to the printer's icon and select Check-in Receipt.
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
E 7: Bulk Check In
Viewed 2093 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 1: Checking Out Items
Viewed 1355 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 5: Resetting Due Date
Viewed 3205 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 2: Express Registration
Viewed 1754 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E10: Managing Claims
Viewed 399 times since Tue, Oct 7, 2014
E 4: Renewing Items
Viewed 1134 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 3: Managing Blocks at Circulation
Viewed 1331 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E11: Managing Lost Items
Viewed 645 times since Fri, Nov 7, 2014