| Home »
Categories » Training » Polaris » Polaris Training Manual » E: Circulation
E10: Managing Claims
Article Number: 228 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM
A claim status is assigned to an item when a patron claims that an item currently checked out to him/her has been returned (Claims Returned) or was never borrowed (Claims Never Had). Marking items claimed is done within the Items Out view of the Patron Status workform.
- From the Patron Status workform, click the Items Out view icon or select View, Items Out.
Alternatively, if in the Check Out workform, you can access the Items Out view of the Patron Status workform by clicking on the Patron Status Items Out View icon found above the Loan Period field, or by typing ALT+O.
This will yield the Items Out view of the Patron Status workform.
- Select the item(s) for which you wish to assign a claim and click the Make Claim icon or type CTRL+M.
If selecting multiple items, hold the CTRL key while selecting the items and click on the Make Claim icon or type CTRL+M.
- The Make Claim pop-up will appear.
- Select either Claim Returned or Claim Never Had from the Status drop-down menu.
- Click 'OK'.
The item is no longer on the patron's Items Out list and has moved to the Claims list of the Patron Status workform which is accessed by clicking on the Claims view icon.
Resetting the Total Claims Counter
If an item with the status of Claim Returned or Claim Never Had is either checked in or checked out by another patron, the claim will be removed from the patron's record and the Current counter will decrease by 1. However, the Total number of Claims will not decrease by 1.
- Click on Claims view icon in the Patron Status workform to view the patron's Claims list.
- If you wish to reset the Total claims counter, the only option is to reset it to 0. To do so, click the Reset total claims icon or type ALT+C.
- The Reset total claims confirmation pop-up will appear.
- Click ‘OK’.
- The Total claims counter is reset to 0.
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
E11: Managing Lost Items
Viewed 610 times since Fri, Nov 7, 2014
E 4: Renewing Items
Viewed 1093 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 3: Managing Blocks at Circulation
Viewed 1218 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 6: Checking In Items
Viewed 345 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 5: Resetting Due Date
Viewed 3072 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 1: Checking Out Items
Viewed 1307 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 7: Bulk Check In
Viewed 2072 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 2: Express Registration
Viewed 1622 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014