| Home »
Categories » Training » Polaris » Polaris Training Manual » E: Circulation
E11: Managing Lost Items
Article Number: 254 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Polaris declares an item lost when it is overdue for 60 days at which point a bill is generated. It is possible to declare an item as lost before 60 days when a patron informs you that she has lost an item and wishes to pay or have it charged to her account. Declaring items lost is done within the Items Out view of the Patron Status workform.
When an item is declared lost, any hold request status for that item changes to Not-supplied and the circulation status changes to Lost.
If a patron wishes to pay for an item that has been declared lost by the system, that is, over 60 days overdue, the fine can be paid within the Account view of the Patron Status workform. Please refer to section E8: Managing Fines & Charges within the Patron’s Account of the manual for information on how to manage fines from the patron’s account.
- From the Patron Status workform, click the Items Out view icon or select View, Items Out.
Alternatively, if in the Check Out workform, you can access the Items Out view of the Patron Status workform by clicking on the Patron Status Items Out View, or by typing ALT+O.
- This will yield the Items Out view of the Patron Status workform.
- Select the item(s) you wish to declare as lost and click the Declare Lost icon or type CTRL+L. If selecting multiple items, hold the CTRL key while selecting items and click on the Declare Lost icon or type CTRL+L.
- The Declare lost item pop-up will appear containing item and patron information and a summary of the fines for the lost item.
- You may change the amount owed in the Amount field and choose to pay the fee, waive the fee, or charge the fee to the patron’s account. Select the appropriate action from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Paying the Fee
- If the patron is paying for the lost item, select Pay from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Select a payment method from the Payment Method drop-down menu.
- Click ‘OK’.
- A receipt will be automatically generated and the item is no longer on the patron’s Items Out list.
- Waiving the Fee
- If waiving the fee, select Waive from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Click ‘OK’.
- The item is no longer on the patron’s Items Out list.
- Charging the Fee
- If charging the fine to the patron’s account, select Charge from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Click ‘OK’.
- The charge now appears on the patron’s account.
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
E10: Managing Claims
Viewed 378 times since Tue, Oct 7, 2014
E 5: Resetting Due Date
Viewed 3071 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 7: Bulk Check In
Viewed 2071 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 1: Checking Out Items
Viewed 1307 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 6: Checking In Items
Viewed 344 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 4: Renewing Items
Viewed 1093 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 2: Express Registration
Viewed 1621 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014
E 3: Managing Blocks at Circulation
Viewed 1218 times since Fri, Sep 19, 2014