| Home »
Categories » Executive Board » 2015
Article Number: 588 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 11:04 AM
Minutes of BERGEN COUNTY COOPERATIVE LIBRARY SYSTEM
October 15, 2015 @ Franklin Lakes Library
PRESIDING: Len LoPint o Paramus
PRESENT: Adele Puccio Bloomfield
Christine Hartigan East Rutherford
Mimi Hui Hasbrouck Heights
Dave Franz Hillsdale
Kurt Hadeler Mahwah
Chris Doto Park Ridge
Carol Shaw Wallington
Laura Rifkin Washington Township
Marie Coughlin BCCLS
Pat Loughnane BCCLS
- Minutes of Previous Meeting: MOTION: There being no additions or corrections to the August minutes, they will stand as written.
- Public Portion: None
- Treasurer's Report: None
- Correspondence: Board members reviewed individual letters to the Board of Chosen Freeholders from Executive Director Marie Coughlin thanking them for their continuing support of BCCLS and the increase in the grant, inviting them to the 15th Annual Friends of the Library Breakfast on October 20 at Seasons, and offering to accompany them on a tour of their hometown libraries.
- President's Report: None
- Executive Director's Report: None
- Committee Reports:
Youth Services – Written evaluation submitted for the #YACommunitymakers Boot Camp for 88 people on 9/11/2015 at Ridgewood Library.
- Old Business: None
- New Business:
(1) Executive Director’s Contract – Len LoPinto mentioned redrawing the current Executive Director contract on a January to December timeline and that the discussion today will set down the methodology for the yearly evaluation of, and contract renewal for, the Executive Director. He advised that current Executive Boards will evaluate the Executive Director and negotiate the annual contract for the coming year and that incoming Executive Boards will be given a chance to review the previous year’s evaluation. It was noted that the Executive Director evaluation is one of the most important tasks the Executive Board undertakes.
MOTION: Kurt Hadeler moved to go into closed session to discuss the Executive Director’s contract. Carol Shaw seconded. Motion carried. MOTION: Chris Hartigan moved to resume open session. Laura Rifkin seconded. Motion carried.
Len LoPinto advised that the Executive Director evaluation procedure was discussed in closed session. He asked Dave Franz summarize the discussion. Dave Franz reported that Len LoPinto will email Executive Director evaluation forms to Board members, that the completed forms should be emailed to Len LoPinto and Laura Rifkin no later than November 4, and that Len LoPinto and Laura Rifkin will synthesize the evaluations for review and discussion at a closed session at the November Executive Board meeting to formalize the evaluation and to discuss the contract renewal.
Once the contract is approved, a meeting will be called in early December to meet with incoming 2016 Executive Board members to discuss the evaluation procedure, the employment contract and the Executive Director’s goals – these will be the only agenda items with time given for commentary from the Executive Director. In response to a question from Marie Coughlin about whether or not the new contract will commence January through December, Len LoPinto replied in the affirmative.
- Membership Hearing: None
- Date of Next Meetings: Wednesday, 11/18/2015 (Joint 2015/2016 Executive Board)
- Adjournment: 12:15 p.m.
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Viewed 361 times since Thu, Aug 20, 2015
Viewed 308 times since Fri, Nov 6, 2015
Viewed 254 times since Tue, Dec 8, 2015
Viewed 978 times since Fri, Feb 6, 2015
Viewed 492 times since Wed, Nov 18, 2015
Viewed 528 times since Thu, Sep 3, 2015
Viewed 560 times since Thu, Jan 22, 2015
Viewed 379 times since Tue, Jun 23, 2015
Viewed 338 times since Tue, Apr 14, 2015
Viewed 380 times since Tue, Feb 24, 2015