| Home »
Categories » Executive Board » 2015
Article Number: 614 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 1:19 PM
Minutes of BERGEN COUNTY COOPERATIVE LIBRARY SYSTEM
Joint 2015/2016 Executive Board November 12, 2015
Hasbrouck Heights Library
PRESIDING: Len LoPint o Paramus
PRESENT: Adele Puccio Bloomfield
Edna Ortega Demarest
Christine Hartigan East Rutherford
Mimi Hui Hasbrouck Heights
David Marks Haworth
Dave Franz Hillsdale
Marilyn DeMolli Lodi
Kurt Hadeler Mahwah
David Hinkley Montclair
Gina Webb-Metz Tenafly
Chris Doto Park Ridge
Tom Madru Park Ridge
Kelly Fitzgerald Weehawken
Marie Coughlin BCCLS
Pat Loughnane BCCLS
GUEST: Stephanie Bellucci, Cliffside Park
Mr. LoPinto asked 2015 and 2016 Board members to introduce themselves. He asked incoming Board members to familiarize themselves with the Bylaws and to read the 2015 minutes to familiarize themselves with the Executive Board's role and responsibilities. He welcomed Stephanie Bellucci to the meeting.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting: MOTION: There being no additions or corrections to the minutes, they will stand as written.
- Public Portion: None
- Treasurer's Report: Mimi Hui presented the October P&L report.
Of the 2015 Budget of 3,278,4053,339,151 has been received
leaving a balance of 60,746Total expenses 3,073,816
leaving a balance of -204,589 NJ Cash Management 640,530
Checking Account 65,395Scholarship 43,643
Marie Coughlin responded to a question from David Hinkley about the Income over Budget line. Dave Franz suggested that questions about the financial report be sent to the Executive Director and Treasurer in advance of the meeting. Chris Doto suggested that contact info – email & phone #'s – be provided to Board members.
- Correspondence: No correspondence but Mr. LoPinto mentioned the types of correspondence that are both received in, and sent out from, the BCCLS office.
- President's Report: Mr. LoPinto's attached November report was distributed to Board members earlier. It was noted that he will again appoint two Executive Board committees: Finance and Personnel. Finance will work with the Executive Director on the audit, financial management, and developing the budget. Personnel could be called on to review the BCCLS Personnel Manual and Job Descriptions. He mentioned the Executive Director Evaluation process and Dave Franz laid out the timeline for the process that commences with the Executive Director's Goals & Objectives and concludes with the approval of the synthesis of the individual evaluations at the November Board meeting. Len LoPinto pointed out that Marie Coughlin will present her 2016 Goals & Objectives at the Joint 2015/2016 Executive Board meeting on December 9th. He spoke about the earlier than usual committee signups, appointing committee chairs, the role committees will play in contributing to the strategic planning process and commented on the successful Friends of the Library & Supervisory Training Task Force initiatives.
- Executive Director's Report: Ms. Coughlin's attached monthly report and summary of BCCLS office highlights 11/2014-10/2015 were distributed to Board members earlier. She touched on the following:
- Office Job Descriptions – Ruth Greenberg announced her retirement at her job description meeting. Her official retirement date is December 31, 2015. Meetings with the remaining staff members have been completed. Job descriptions that require significant changes and also warrant a different title will be submitted at the January meeting for Board approval.
- She and the cataloging staff will visit Somerset County Library on November 13th to see SkyRiver in action; Luca Manna will begin SkyRiver beta training in January with full membership training commencing in February.
- Lynda Pro – Laurie Meeske is currently working on the administrative workflow – the first year is crucial.
- Annual Report – a comprehensive report will be presented to Board members at the February meeting and to the membership in March.
- Strategic Plan Timeline - survey will be distributed to all Library Directors asking them to prioritize various long-term initiatives and solicit feedback about what BCCLS should be and where we need to be during the next five years. Survey results should be completed in early January followed by task force meetings to assess the feedback. Initial introduction of the plan will take place at the March System Council meeting followed by small group meetings in April.
- Spire Group – Ms. Coughlin summarized the reasons for the meetings with the Spire Group and their final report to the Finance Committee. She commented on the new financial reports and the implementation of new and/or revised financial practices for the BCCLS office. In response to a question from David Marks about past recommendations from our auditor, it was noted that the journal entry recommendations will be instituted. BCCLS will purchase the online version of QuickBooks in December.
- Committee Reports: None
- Old Business: None
- New Business: None
- Membership Hearing: None
- Date of Next Meetings: December 9, 2015 at the Paramus Public Library@ 9:30 a.m.
- Closed Session: MOTION: Adele Puccio moved to go into closed session to discuss the Executive Director's Evaluation and Employment Contract. Dave Franz seconded. Motion carried. MOTION: Mimi Hui moved to resume open session. Chris Doto seconded. Motion carried.
MOTION: Dave Franz moved to formally accept the Executive Director's Evaluation. Marilyn DeMolli seconded. On a voice vote, Adele Puccio, Chris Hartigan, Mimi Hui, Dave Franz, Marilyn DeMolli, and Chris Doto voted Aye; Kurt Hadeler Abstained; Motion carried.
MOTION: Marilyn DeMolli moved that the Executive Director Employment Contract be extended to a calendar year January thru December and that the Evaluation Committee meet with Marie Coughlin to discuss the contract terms. Chris Doto seconded. On a voice vote, Adele Puccio, Chris Hartigan, Mimi Hui, Dave Franz, Marilyn DeMolli, and Chris Doto voted Aye; Kurt Hadeler Abstained; Motion carried.
- Adjournment: 11:20 a.m.
Executive Director's Report
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Viewed 271 times since Tue, Dec 8, 2015
Viewed 361 times since Fri, Oct 23, 2015
Viewed 580 times since Thu, Jan 22, 2015
Viewed 684 times since Tue, Oct 6, 2015
Viewed 559 times since Fri, Apr 17, 2015
Viewed 360 times since Tue, Apr 14, 2015
Viewed 548 times since Thu, Sep 3, 2015
Viewed 655 times since Tue, Jun 30, 2015
Viewed 838 times since Fri, Feb 27, 2015
Viewed 397 times since Tue, Jun 23, 2015