2018.06.18 -Reciprocity Minutes
BCCLS RECIPROCITY TASK FORCE
Monday, June 18, 2018 @ 10 am
Hawthorne Public Library
Present: D. Franz, J. Hamer, M. Hui, L. Leonard, L. LoPinto, E. Lozauskas, T. McColl, G. McMahon, M. Mellet, M. Smith,
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:10 am. Minutes of the last meeting was reviewed and corrected.
2. Reciprocal Borrowing Numbers – “Walk-in” Stats.
Task force members examined and discussed in detail a consolidated version of the 2017 Comprehensive Reciprocal Report for Walk-Ins. It was broken down under the following categories:
These numbers were of great interest due to the fact it reflected where our public “wants” to visit.
3. Discussion of Net Lender Reimbursement continues.
Members discussed various variables in recalculating a portion of the Bergen County grant monies that would benefit everyone rather than a few. Task force recognize that there are political ramifications involved that would result in making hard operational decisions.
BCCLS as a whole has no control of the county grant. An annual request is made but there is no guarantee as to the funded amount. The following was recommended:
4. Develop metrics to be used that count beyond circulation numbers. Task force might want to consider setting aspirational goals for libraries to achieve rather than having mandates. It was discussed whether or not these requirements were enforceable through by-laws.
Terrie McColl provided a list of possible metrics based upon the annual state aid report that is required of all BCCLS libraries to be filed in March. The following categories were considered in greater detail:
5. Meeting adjourned at 12:10 pm. Next meeting date is Monday, July 9 @ Hawthorne PL at 10 am.
|Posted - Mon, May 13, 2019 at 7:59 AM. This article has been viewed 82 times.|
|Online URL: http://bccls.knowledgebase.co/article.php?id=1975|
Powered by PHPKB (Knowledge Base Software)