Collection Development & Reference Committee 2017: Assignments & Charges
Collection Development & Reference Committee 2017 Membership
|Julia Nock, Co-Chair
|Latricia Markle, Co-Chair
||Upper Saddle River
|Margaret Rose O'Keefe
- Continue with Weeding Tips.
- Review quantity of items submitted for cataloging, focusing on items that only have one or two owning libraries and multiple functionally equivalent bibliographic records. Determine if these items are a detriment to BCCLS by slowing cataloging workflow and/or adding significant costs to BCCLS cataloging process. Work with Policies & Procedures Committee to recommend or revise policies as necessary.
- Mentor libraries in use of Collection HQ, especially those libraries that are slow adopters
- Present program on topics related to collection development, such as catalog submissions, ordering quality materials, handling gift donations, self-publishing, weeding, best practices for using Collection HQ and SkyRiver.
- Work with Public Relations on a Book Club Leaders workshop.
- Review BCCLS cataloging policies and procedures that have a direct impact on public service.
Article ID: 1012
Created On: Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 3:07 PM
Last Updated On: Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 12:45 PM
Online URL: http://bccls.knowledgebase.co/article.php?id=1012