Advocacy Committee 2018-19 Assignments & Charges
Advocacy Committee 2018-19 Membership
|Judah Hamer, Co-Chair
|Jenifer May, Co-Chair
|Georgene Betterbed (Friend)
|Lisa Traina (Friend)
|Larry Bergmann (Trustee)
|Peter Wendrychowicz (Trustee)
|Tom Madru (Trustee)
|Lynn Kloss (Friend)
- Work with Scholarship Committee to host Annual Friends Breakfast in October.
- Work with eBCCLS to promote new eContent platform.
- Keep members informed of opportunities for advocacy on local and state levels. Evaluate possible library advocacy day in 2019.
- Work with NJLA to advocate for the restoration of full funding of per capita state aid.
- Document best practices on how to successfully advocate among trustees, friends and elected officials for increased funding under the Johnson Legislation passed last year.
- 1st session, focus on trustees: What is the Johnson Legislation and should your library pursue a referendum campaign to increase funding?
- 2nd session, focus on the process: Understand two paths to get your referendum on the ballot, through Municipal sponsorship or through signatures. How do you approach elected officials to get it sponsored? How do you determine what is the best approach for your community and if you go the route of signatures, how do you go about that?
- 3rd session, focus on friends: Once you have your referendum on the ballot, how do you conduct an effective advocacy campaign that will win in your community? What can the library do? What is the role of advocates like the Friends? What is the most effective message? etc.
- Distribute timely, relevant information related to the Library Construction Bond Act. Prepare an informational program with best practices to submit a winning grant application.
- Research and present a program on fostering thriving Friends organizations that build and strengthen relationships with library board, director, staff and the public.
Article ID: 1569
Created On: Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 6:42 PM
Last Updated On: Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 4:30 PM
Online URL: http://bccls.knowledgebase.co/article.php?id=1569