World Languages Committee 2019-20 Assignments & Charges
World Languages Committee 2019-20 Membership
|Paul Shaver, Co-Chair
|Morris Balacco, Co-Chair
- Produce bi-monthly or quarterly list of recommended titles in the most widely collected world languages.
- Produce a list of reputable vendors providing world language materials in the most popularly spoken languages in Bergen County.
- With the Scholarship Committee, explore the possibility of establishing scholarship opportunities for bilingual library staff, particularly those who speak the most popular languages spoken in Bergen County.
- Host a World Languages event to promote library and information services to speakers of world languages.
- Work with Adult and Youth Services to identify individuals and organizations that provide high-quality programming in languages other than English.
Commitment Expected: As necessary to fulfill charges.
Who may join: Open to all directors and staff interested in World Languages. 10 - 12 members.
Article ID: 1914
Created On: Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 3:11 PM
Last Updated On: Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 3:11 PM
Online URL: http://bccls.knowledgebase.co/article.php?id=1914