Advocacy & Government Relations Committee 2019-20 Assignments & Charges
Advocacy & Government Relations Committee 2019-20 Membership
|Judah Hamer, Co-Chair
|Amy Babcock Landry, Co-Chair
|Tom Madru (Trustee)
- Host Advocates Day in March 2019 to promote awareness of library issues to elected officials and other key stakeholders.
- Work with NJLA to advocate for the restoration of full funding of per capita state aid.
- Distribute timely, relevant information related to the Library Construction Bond Act. Prepare an informational program with best practices to submit a winning grant application.
- Keep members informed of opportunities for advocacy on local and state levels.
- Based on the response to Advocacy Day this year, consider planning a similar event for 2020.
Commitment Expected: Meets regularly throughout the year.
Who may join: Open to all trustees, directors and staff who are interested in outreach and advocacy to friends, trustees, elected officials and other stakeholders. Up to 12 members.
Article ID: 1919
Created On: Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 12:51 PM
Last Updated On: Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 1:15 PM
Online URL: http://bccls.knowledgebase.co/article.php?id=1919