BCCLS RECIPROCITY TASK FORCE
Tuesday, May 22, 2018 @ 9:30 am
Hillsdale Public Library
Present: C. Czesak, D. Franz, J. Hamer, M. Hui, L. Leonard, S. Lester, L. LoPinto, E. Lozauskas, T. McColl, G. McMahon, M. Mellet, M. Smith,
1. Meeting was called to order at 9:40 am. Task Force Co-Chairs Dave Franz and Mimi Hui did introductions and review of charges.
2. Special thanks to Mike Grgurev from the BCCLS Office for preparing the following spreadsheets:
The task force examined and discussed the numbers for walk-ins. These numbers were of particular interest to everyone due to the fact it reflected where our public wants to go visit.
Task force members were asked to review in greater depth the reports. Further discussion will take place at a later date.
3. Co-Chair Dave Franz shared a report he compiled of the 2013-17 Cumulative Net Lender Reimbursement. Some of the task force members felt this document should be shared with the general membership. It was pointed out that only the libraries that receive a check get to see the list of libraries that is prepared by the BCCLS Office. This led to the discussion of the county grant given by the Freeholders. Last year’s members summed up what was discussed last year:
A discussion took place about setting aside a portion of the grant monies for new initiatives or to be used as an incentive for libraries to improve upon their material collections.
4. “New Items Available No Circ” Report reflect needed guidelines for all libraries when it comes to purchasing materials. The amount of monies spent at each of our libraries is staggering especially when it does not circ. A method to consider in order to get membership buy in is to offer small grants to reward members that show they can improve upon their collection development. Task force members talked about various metrics we might consider using other than circulation numbers, but it has to be dependable and reliable. Conversation to be continued.
5. Meeting adjourned at 12:10 pm. Next meeting date is Monday, June 18 @ Hawthorne PL at 10 am.
Article ID: 1973
Created On: Mon, May 13, 2019 at 7:34 AM
Last Updated On: Mon, May 13, 2019 at 7:34 AM
Online URL: http://bccls.knowledgebase.co/article.php?id=1973