Home » Categories » Committees & Task Forces » Diverse & Underserved Populations (DUP) » 2018-19

09.13.18 - DUP Minutes

Diverse and Underserved Populations Committee Minutes

September 13, 2018

10:00 am - 12:00 pm

Fort Lee Public Library

 

In Attendance:

Lisa Hoffman, Chair

Bloomfield

Sherri Kendrick

Cliffside Park

Deborah Leary

Closter

Kate Nafz

Fair Lawn

Sara Rimassa

Fort Lee

Kirsten Fagerlund

BCCLS

Yumi Choi

BCCLS

 

  1. The meeting was called to order at 10:05am by Lisa Hoffman.

  2. Lisa Hoffman presented the 8/16/18 meeting minutes to the committee. Deborah Leary moved to approve the minutes and all committee members present were in favor.

  3. Yumi Choi introduced Kirsten Fagerland, who will be the new BCCLS liason for the DUP committee.

  4. Yumi Choi also asked if we will be using the adult services guide, but the committee decided that only the program agenda and homelessness community resource guide will be distributed at the big event on November 8th.

  5. The email blast for October will be on the topic of immigration. Sara Rimassa and Deborah Leary will work on this blast together.

  6. The prison book collection was discussed, and books from 6 libraries were collected at the end of the meeting. They will be stored in Fort Lee until a time is set for them to be brought to Northern State Prison. The google sheet will be shared again with the committee.

  7. The following topics regarding the November 8th event were discussed:

    1. Guidelines for speakers: these will be created by Sara Rimassa. The guidelines will contain general program information (time, location, topics, order of presenters) and will also ask presenters for short bios, if they will need powerpoint, and if they will be bringing handouts.

    2. Honorariums: each presenter will be given $100 for a total cost of $300.

    3. Timeline of Events:

9:30 - 10:00 am - Food Donation, Sign-in, Mingle

10:00 - 10:05 am - Opening Skit

10:05 - 11:35 am - Speakers

11:35 - 12:00 pm - Q&A and Closing Skit

    1. Script for Skits: will be developed by Deborah and Lisa. Lisa will look for a large jacket / bag to have as an outfit.

    2. Program: Lisa will create the program for our event.

    3. Lisa will send a save the date in the coming week and Kirsten will follow with an eventbrite at the beginning of October.

    4. Kate Nafz will bring nametags and sharpies to the next meeting.

  1. The next meeting will be in Fair Lawn on October 18th from 10am-12pm.

  2. Lisa Hoffman made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 11:35pm which was seconded by Sara Rimassa.  



0 (0)
Article Rating (No Votes)
Rate this article
  • Icon PDFExport to PDF
  • Icon MS-WordExport to MS Word
Attachments Attachments
There are no attachments for this article.
Comments Comments
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Related Articles RSS Feed
10.19.18 - DUP Minutes
Viewed 194 times since Wed, Dec 5, 2018
06.14.18 - DUP Minutes (DRAFT)
Viewed 327 times since Tue, Jun 19, 2018
09.13.18 - DUP Agenda
Viewed 220 times since Fri, Sep 14, 2018
08.16.18 - DUP Agenda
Viewed 350 times since Fri, Aug 10, 2018
07.19.18 - DUP Minutes (DRAFT)
Viewed 360 times since Mon, Jul 30, 2018
06.14.18 - DUP Agenda
Viewed 422 times since Thu, Jun 7, 2018
07.19.18 - DUP Agenda
Viewed 303 times since Thu, Jul 12, 2018
11.29.18 - DUP Minutes (DRAFT)
Viewed 186 times since Wed, Dec 5, 2018
08.16.18 - DUP Minutes
Viewed 281 times since Fri, Sep 14, 2018
09.13.18 - DUP Minutes (DRAFT)
Viewed 278 times since Fri, Sep 14, 2018