Friends & Trustees Committee 2019-20 Assignments & Charges
Friends & Trustees Committee 2019-20 Membership
|Ellen O'Keefe, Co-Chair
|Tom Madru (Trustee), Co-Chair
|Georgene Betterbed (Friend)
|Lisa Traina (Friend)
|Larry Bergmann (Trustee)
|Peter Wendrychowicz (Trustees)
|Lynn Kloss (Friend)
- Work with Scholarship Committee to host Annual Friends Breakfast in October.
- Provide regional continuing education opportunities for Trustees that support the state requirement of 7 CE hours per year.
- Continue to build awareness of best practices on how to successfully advocate among trustees, friends and elected officials for increased funding under the Johnson Legislation passed in 2017.
- Research and present a program on fostering thriving Friends organizations that build and strengthen relationships with the library board, director, staff and the public.
- Research and present a program on library foundations. What roles do foundations serve in the long-term support of public libraries? What's the difference between a friends group and a foundation? What are the concerns with starting a foundation? Is a foundation right for your library?
Commitment Expected: Meets as necessary to fulfill the charges.
Who may join: Open to trustees, friends, directors and staff who are interested in ensuring that all key stakeholders remain informed and active proponents of library services. 10-12 members.
Article ID: 1920
Created On: Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 1:00 PM
Last Updated On: Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:22 PM
Online URL: https://bccls.knowledgebase.co/article.php?id=1920